Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shikaoi Trail Run

Just the other day I got word of yet another Trail race. This time in Shikaoi.

The first ever Shikaoi Trail Run (第一回しかおいトレイルラン)will be held on November 3rd.

The application deadline was extended from 10/15 to 10/20 and I heard about it on 10/19 and sent in my application on 10/20. So I HOPE I got applied for it.

It is a out and back course on a trail used for horse trekking and involves 3 river crossings. But from what I read over at Ogaman's blog, the rivers are really only trickles of water ankle deep. Sounds fun!

I have put it on my calendar and will be sure to look out for it for next year so you apply for and run in the 2nd Shikaoi Trail Run, if there is one.

The race is held at the Nishikami Kanko Noen, which looks like a "tourist" farm? I'm not sure how to translate it but I know what it is.
http://www.nishikami.com/information/

Date: November 3rd (Culture Day)
Deadline: 10/15
Start: 9:30 start (8:30 opening ceremony)
Contact: (as of 10/2010 Ide Kenichi?(Tel 0156-67-2903)
Put on by the Sogogata Chiiki Sports Club Wakko (総合型地域スポーツクラブわっこ )

No comments:

Limited information is included in the calendar entries. For more information, leave a comment. I try to post the deadlines for the races. The place where the race is held is also included. You can see where it is by clicking on the map link.